Focus on Physician Relations: Strategic Insights on Today’s Physician Relations Landscape
Exclusive Member Report
Referrals are the lifeblood of large health systems, and physician relations teams play a critical role in driving referral growth for hospitals and health systems.
With revenues down and margins thin, physician relations teams provide critical support to the financial sustainability of their health care organizations. Successful physician liaisons build trusted relationships with referring physicians, grow referrals to priority service lines, and prevent leakage.
In this exclusive report from Strategic Health Care Marketing, we take a closer look at today’s physician relations landscape to find out what it takes to succeed and what industry leaders are doing to maximize their results.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Why physician relations expert Kriss Barlow believes strategic intelligence is essential in making sure referring doctors’ needs are heard and met.
- How Geisinger uses physician relationship management (PRM) platform Doctivity to understand referral patterns, identify new business opportunities, increase revenue, and optimize outreach efforts.
- How WebMD’s acquisition of Mercury Healthcare will help health systems better understand physician referral patterns.
- How University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) leverages email marketing to build a highly engaged audience of physician subscribers and keeps the lines of communication with referring physicians open.
- How Texas Children’s Hospital’s overhaul of its referral management process led to a 23 percent increase in referrals from external providers within two years.
- How to develop a multifaceted physician relationship strategy that integrates marketing, outreach, and operations, and puts physicians at the center.
- How physician relations teams at Ascension Texas and Loyola Medicine strengthened relationships with community providers during the pandemic by becoming the critical communications link between service line leaders and referring physicians.
For more strategic insights and expert guidance to bolster your health care marketing efforts, download our report today.