Pandemic, Election, Disruption, and Innovation: SHSMD’s Snapshot of What’s Happening in Our World
// By Jane Weber Brubaker //
SHSMD hosted Part I of its annual conference virtually this year, convening cross-functional thought leaders spanning the industry to reflect on the many twists and turns of 2020. A second conference, SHSMD Connections Bytes, also will be held virtually October 27-28.
In mid-September, the AHA Center for Health Innovation and the Society for Health Care Strategy and Market Development convened a joint virtual conference for the first time, “Navigating a New Reality.” Industry experts had the chance to compare notes and share what they experienced in a year when everything was turned upside down by the coronavirus pandemic.
We listened to what leaders had to say and distilled it down to a few quotes that capture some of the overarching themes from a few of the many excellent presentations:
“Navigating the 2020 Election Amidst COVID-19”
– David Wasserman, political analyst, The Cook Political Report
“How Consumerism Is Driving New Models in Health Care”
– Jeffrey Kraut, executive vice president, strategy & analytics, Northwell Health
“The Impact of COVID-19 and the Outlook for the Future”
– Ian Morrison, PhD, health care futurist and author
“The Secret Behind Organizational Change: The Story Behind UNC Health’s Culture Revolution”
– Amy Higgins, chief transformation and patient experience officer, UNC Health
– Kalen Stanton, managing director, health transformation, Root Inc.
– Lisa Schiller, chief communications and marketing officer, UNC Health
The complete article is only available to members.
Please login. Or sign up for a free 7-day trial membership and get instant access.